Creamy & delicious down to the last drop.
You're Going to Love it Cream Cabbage Soup
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans CHICKEN BROTH
- 2 cups fully cooked HAM, cubed
- 1 cup MILK
- 2 cups HALF-N-HALF CREAM
- 1 medium ONION, chopped
- 2 large CELERY STALKS, chopped
- 2 large CARROTS, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 medium head CABBAGE about 2 ½ to 3 pounds
- 1 teaspoon SALT
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ¼ cup BUTTER or MARGARINE
- ¼ teaspoon BLACK PEPPER
- ) In a large soup kettle, combine the broth, celery, carrot, onion cabbage
- ) Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover & simmer 15 min or until vegetables are tender. Be careful not to overcook
- ) Melt the butter in a medium size sauce pan. Add flour, salt & pepper.
- ) Stir constantly forming a paste.
- ) Add milk and cream, stir constantly & cook until thick. Cook an additional 1 minute.
- ) Slowly add cream mixture to cabbage mixture
- ) Add ham & oregano & heat thoroughly
- ) Soup serves 8 to 10