A new treatment for our colorful old friend, the red pepper.
Red Pepper and Cream Bake
- 1½ pounds RED PEPPERS or mix with yellow
- ¾ cup HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM
- ½ cup GREEN ONIONS, chopped
- 3 tablespoons shredded FRESH BASIL, chopped
- SALT & BLACK PEPPER to taste
- ) Roast and peel the peppers. Set aside
- ) Place half the green onions and bail evenly on the bottom of a buttered 1.5 quart shallow baking dish
- ) Add the peppers, cut side down in a single layer, slightly overlapping
- ) Scattered the remaining green onions & basil over the peppers
- ) Season to taste salt & pepper
- ) Pour the cream evenly over the peppers so all are moistened
- ) Bake at 375 degrees F, uncovered, basting several times with the cream to keep peppers moist. Bake 30 to 35 minutes till peppers are fork tender & cream is thickened.
- ) Easy & unique side vegetable for 4