The sauce is wonderful over rice.
Hong Kong Spareribs
- 4 pounds PORK SPARERIBS, trimmed of fat
- 1½ cup CHICKEN BROTH
- 6 cloves GARLIC, minced
- 1½ teaspoon DRIED MUSTARD
- ⅓ cup HONEY
- ⅓ cup SOY SAUCE
- ⅓ cup canned TOMATO PASTE
- 1 tablespoon WATER &
- 2 tablespoon CORNSTARCH
- ) In a bowl stir together honey, broth, soy, tomato paste, mustard & garlic
- ) Place ribs in a roasting pan; pour half soy/honey mixture over the meat. Reserve second half sauce for basting. Refrigerate until used.
- ) Cover meat and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hrs; turning ribs over several times
- ) When ready to bake, pour off excess sauce.
- ) Cover pan with foil and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- ) Uncover and continue to bake, turning meat and basting frequently until ribs are tender
- ) Pour off excess sauce and skim and discard the fat
- ) Measure juices and add water if necessary to make 1 cup total
- ) In a sauce pan thicken juice/water mixture with water cornstarch mix
- ) Spoon over individual portions to serve