Apricots with their golden color and mellow tang are under used in recipes.
Old Fashion Apricot Cobbler
- 3 (15.1/4 oz) cans APRICOT HALVES
- ¾ cup SUGAR
- ½ teaspoon CINNAMON
- 1 tablespoon CORNSTARCH
- 1 tablespoon BUTTER or MARGARINE
- 1 cup all-purpose FLOUR
- 1 tablespoon SUGAR
- 1½ teaspoons BAKING POWDER
- ½ teaspoon SALT
- 3 tablespoons cold BUTTER or MARGARINE
- ½ cup MILK
- ) Combine sugar, cinnamon & cornstarch, mix well
- ) Drain apricots juice into 1 cup measuring cup, add water to make a full cup if necessary
- ) Add juice and water into sugar mixture and bring to a boil
- ) Boil & stir for 1 minute, reduce heat add apricot halves & butter
- ) Heat thoroughly and then pour into 2 qt buttered baking dish
- ) To make the topping---combine the dry ingredients and cut in butter until crumbly
- ) Stir in milk just until moistened.
- ) Spoon in clumps over hot apricots.
- ) Bake at 400 degrees F 30 to 35 minutes until topping is golden and a Inserted toothpick comes out clean
- ) Serve plain, with whipped cream or ice cream. 6 servings