Makes a great soup companion.
Say Cheese Scones
- 3 cups all-purpose FLOUR
- ½ cup SUGAR
- 2 cups HEAVY CREAM
- ½ teaspoon SALT
- 1 cup CHEDDAR CHEESE, cubed small
- 1 cup GREEN ONIONS, chopped
- 2 tablespoons BAKING POWDER
- ) Sift the sugar, flour, baking powder and salt together into a mixing bowl.
- ) Add the cheese and green onions. Toss together
- ) Make a well in the center and add the cream
- ) Stir just until the batter is evenly moistened
- ) Form the soft dough into a ball and transfer to a lightly floured work surface
- ) With floured hands knead the dough 4 or 5 times then pat into a 10 inch circle about ½ inch thick. Cut into 10 triangles.
- ) Place on ungreased baking sheet and ½ inch apart.
- ) Bake until golden brown about 30-35 minutes.
- ) Let cool for 5 minutes (if you can--smiles).