I got fired. Not merely laid off, but down in the dirt fired. Fired as in, don’t bother to finish the day out. Get your stuff and go. Did I deserve it? You decide.
I work for a woman or I should say I use to work for a woman. I call her Frozen Lemon Face. If I also mention the movie, The Devil Wear Prada, I think I have clearly explained the situation. Me? I am a go with the flow baby, floating on her inner tube down the river of life. However, Frozen Lemon Face and I did manage to co-exist. I wanted the money and she wanted my expertise.
This is the part of the story where I introduce a third character. His name is Stud. Well again that’s my name for him. I was in the beginning stages of researching, if he lived up to his nickname. It soon became apparent Frozen Lemon Face had already begun her own research and she was not in favor of anyone else attempting to duplicate her results.
So here I am staring at a cardboard box sitting on my coffee table filled with my meager belongings from my former office. I have become one of the nation’s army of unemployed. My inner tube is caught in swirling whirl pool. Dizzy Blond
Dear Dizzy Blond,
What a classic story? Are you a writer? You have the foundation for a screen play. Whether you write the screen play or not, it is obvious the Universe has deliberately pushed you out of your uncomfortable nest. I suspect there have been other more gentle signs for you to move along, which you simply ignored or did not see. One never loses what is theirs to have on a cosmic level. The Universe is signaling that your destiny is to pursue another more satisfying trajectory. Now there is room in your life for something new to make an entrance.
In the meantime my dear, you need comfort. Mac & cheese is in the big guns category for comfort. Of course I’m referring to the creamy uber goodness of homemade. Box macaroni and cheese makers should be sued for mislabeling. Gak!
Cooking will take occupy your mind, giving it an oasis of peace. It’s difficult to hear your own wisdom, when your victim story CD is playing over and over. Since you are preparing such a lovely meal, more than enough for two, you could consider inviting Stud over. It’s just a thought. Frozen Lemon Face might have shot herself in the foot, when she used her big guns on you. Don’t you just love Karma?
- 6 cups ELBOW MACARONI, cooked & drained
- 7 tablespoons BUTTER or MARGARINE
- 6 tablespoons ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
- 3 cups MILK
- 8 oz CREAM CHEESE, softened
- ½ teaspoon SALT
- ½ teaspoon PEPPER
- 2 teaspoons DIJON MUSTARD
- 1 cup ASIAGO CHEESE, shredded
- ½ cup ROMANO CHEESE, freshly grated
- 10-12¼ thick slices MILD CHEDDAR CHEESE
- ) Melt butter in a saucepan
- ) Add flour, cook a minutes till until smooth & bubbly
- ) Stir in milk, salt, pepper, mustard & cream cheese
- ) Stirring constantly cook until sauce thickens in 3 to 4 minutes
- ) Stir in Asiago & Romano cheeses & stir till melted
- ) Put macaroni in 2 qt casserole, add sauce & mix
- ) Arrange cheddar cheese slices on top
- ) Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes until heated
- through & top is bubbly